Monday, March 5, 2012

"Oh yeah, I'll hit you up."

Today I am going to pose a question. Many of you seem to participate in this douche-baggery and I really want an answer. In my mind there are only a few possible answers and solutions.

So. Um. Yeah. Last time I checked, when you tell someone you'll call them- you're actually going to call them.

Is this not right anymore?

I am under the assumption (please.. correct me if I am fucking wrong) that these are the following reasons you might say such things to people and then not follow through:
1. You are awkward and just say things to fill conversation/don't know how else to end a conversation.
2. Saying, "I'll hit you up" holds no merit what-so-ever. Empty words, if you will.
3. You actually do plan on hitting a person up, but then forget.
4. You are trying to make a "power-play" by telling someone you will contact them and then deliberately not doing it.
5. You want to stop talking to the person and know that's what they want to hear.
or 6. You're just a plain old douche-bag. (5 & 6 are somewhat inter-changeable)

Okay.. seriously... have I missed out on a social change that makes this acceptable?

Here are possible solutions to these issues:
1. Say "good-bye" when exiting a conversation.
2. Just don't even say, "I'll hit you up."
3. Try to be more considerate of others.
4. This one is understandable. Go ahead with your bad self.
5&6. Drown your cell phone in a glass of keg beer, then re-evaluate your life. Or, if you're me, get the beer tears and just start crying.

It's an epidemic. You stupid fucks claim to be "real" and then do little shit that makes you fake. Keep it real. If you need a lesson, I can teach you.

Moral of the story: If you don't plan on calling someone back, don't even let the words exit your mouth... well, unless you are #4ing someone. ;)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this. this is my BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to guys and dating. don't say you will call if you won't. just say bye.

    100% agree with this.

    if only boys knew the difference.

    ReplyDelete